GETTING THERE and AWAY
We have created an easy to follow guide to transporting yourself around town and beyond.
First, getting to Byron:
Byron is a 2-hour drive from Brisbane and 1-hour from Gold Coast. Drive yourself or shuttle buses are a great way to get from the Brisbane, Gold Coast and Ballina airports.
Most can even drop you here at your accommodation at Byron Palms.
– BYRON BAY AIRBUS & AIRPORTER servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast and Ballina airports. 0400247287
– LIFT BYRON BAY servicing Gold Coast and Ballina airports. 0423 512 875
– BYRON EASY BUS servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast and Ballina airports. 02 6685 8881
– STEVES TRANSPORT servicing Ballina to Byron. 0414 660 031
– BRISBANE TO BYRON servicing Brisbane city and Brisbane airport. 1800 626 222
Getting around town:
We are lucky most of our properties are very close, most within walking distance of the main town and beaches
Parking is $3p/h in the CDB. Other than walking, here are some other great options for getting around town:
– Byron Taxi: Go Byron (02) 6685 5008 our only taxi company. Servicing 24/7
– Uber: Uber has just started to take of in Byron. There aren’t many drivers but try your luck.
– Hiring a bike from Surf and Bike hire from $10 a day. Even Tandem bikes! At
– Hiring a bike from Soul surf school by dropping in at 1/31 Lawson St.
– Hire a Solar Powered Bike Sunshine cycle and save energy from you and the planet.
Hiring a Car:
There are so many advantages in having a car in Byron because of all the things to do and see in the wider area:
– Simmons Byron Bay is located at the service station at the round about coming into the CBD.
– Pick one up from the Gold Coast, Ballina, or Brisbane airport and book on Rentalcars.com
Blanches Bus service:
https://blanchs.com.au/ has all the timetables and more details if you would like to plan a bus trip to one of our neighbouring towns. Just make sure you get the times right because they don’t run often.
Route 640 Ballina – Lennox Head – Suffolk Park – Byron Bay – Mullumbimby
Route 637 Byron Bay – Sunrise Beach – Arts & Industry Estate & Return
Route 637 Byron Bay – Suffolk Park – Byron Hills – Baywood Chase & Return
Route 641 Byron Bay – Bangalow – Ballina
Feeling a little more Luxurious:
Byron Bay Luxe Limousines and Transfer’s is the elegant choice for any transport needs in the Byron Area. Their private cars are spacious, individually climate controlled and very comfortable. Their fully accredited drivers are experienced, friendly and professional, making your travel experience extra special.